Changsha University of Science and Technology (CSUST) distinguishes itself as an engineering-centered multidisciplinary university, integrating engineering, science, management, economics, philosophy, liberal arts and law, with a stronghold in undergraduate education and a capacity of post-doctoral science and research workstation, conferment of doctoral degrees and recommendation of postgraduates for master degree.
The university has, in its development of 60 years, forged its own culture, with the university motto of “Erudition, Endeavor, Integrity, Initiative” and its core value of the “Pavestone spirit” of “Down-to-earth, dedication and enterprising”. Ever since the founding of the university, it has nurtured nearly 400,000 graduates, serving mainly in transportation, power industry, hydrological industry and light industry.
* School of Traffic and Transportation Engineering
* School of Civil Engineering
* School of Automotive and Mechanical Engineering
* School of Hydraulic Engineering
* School of Electrical and Information Engineering
* School of Energy and Power Engineering
* School of Economics and Management
* School of Computer and Communication Engineering
* School of Chemistry and Food Engineering
* School of Mathematics and Statistics
* School of Physics and Electronic Science
* School of Materials Science and Engineering
* School of Liberal Arts and Law
* School of Marxism
* School of Foreign Languages
* School of Art and Design
* School of Physical Education
* International College
* School of Architecture
* Chengnan College
* School of Continuing Education
CSUST adheres to the open education thinking by establishing international exchange and cooperation with world partners. We have established exchange and cooperation with some 70 institutions of higher learning and research institutions from more than 20 countries or regions, including the United States of America, the United Kingdom, France, Canada, Russia, Hong Kong SAR, Macao SAR, and the Taiwan region, etc.
It is accredited to enroll and train international students under China Government Scholarship Programs.CSUST has three Confucius Institutes jointly operating with University of Montenegro, University of Liberia and University of Malaysia Sabah. Over the past few years, the university has sent more than 1000 registered students to study outside mainland China.